April 3rd: Update Regarding Temperature Screening
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
April 3, 2020
Company Update Regarding Temperature Screening
Starting next week we will begin implementing non-invasive temperature screening at our facilities on a rolling basis. Trained personnel will be performing temperature screenings using thermal-based medical grade fever detection devices. This notification provides information on how this effort will be rolled out and what you should expect when entering our facilities.
The process will be piloted at Buildings G92 and A21 starting Tuesday (April 7). Once the process is vetted, we will continue to roll it out as soon as possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. The following facilities will have temperature screening stations –
a. G92 accessible only via the Via Esprillo gate (adjacent main lobby).
b. A21 accessible only via the Stowe Dr. gate.
2. Separate screening stations will be set up to accommodate vehicular traffic as well as pedestrians.
3. Upon entering the facility, employees will be asked to show their badge and will be temperature screened. Visitors will also be temperature screened.
4. Those who exhibit temperatures above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) will not be permitted access, and should immediately go home. The CDC considers any temperature above this level to indicate a fever. Employees should promptly notify their supervisor and their Human Resources representative.
As a reminder, if you believe you have been directly exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, please adhere to all of the following instructions:
· Seek and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions regarding the appropriate course of action;
· Do not enter any Company facility; and
· Immediately notify our Human Resources Department by calling 858-455-3075.
The health, safety and well-being of you, your family, and our community on and off-campus are our top priorities. We will continue to provide you with updates as the COVID-19 situation develops.