March 13th: What to do: Symptoms, Exposure, Company Travel, Hosting Visitors, Company Rec Facilities Precautions
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 13, 2020
We understand the growing concern as the scope of the COVID-19 outbreak continues to increase. The health, safety and well-being of our community on or off-campus are our top priority. All of us are responsible for taking preventative measures to minimize the risks and potential spread of COVID-19. Accordingly, until further notice, please adhere to the following directives:
What should you do if you are experiencing symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, sore throat, fever, and/or difficulty breathing?
- You should notify your manager that you will not be in the office, so as to not make others sick.
What should you do if you believe you have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Seek and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions regarding the appropriate course of action.
- Do not enter any GA facility.
- Immediately notify HR of a confirmed case by calling 858-455-3075. For all other questions, please contact your HR Representative.
Are you allowed to travel on Company business?
- All travel to and from your normal place of work should continue without change.
- All non-essential and emerging business travel, domestic and international, is suspended.
- Any essential travel requires the appropriate Vice President approval in coordination with the appropriate Human Resources representative.
- In addition, the Company urges extreme caution and judgment regarding personal travel.
Should you hold or attend Company meetings, events, training activities, and gatherings?
- Use teleconference and/or web-based meetings if possible rather than in-person meetings.
- All in-person meetings must provide a social distancing of approximately six feet between each participant.
- All elective training activities are suspended.
- In addition, the Company urges extreme caution and judgment regarding holding or attending personal meetings, events and/or gatherings.
Should you host visitors?
- All non-essential meetings with visitors, including customers, should be suspended.
- All non-employees, including customers and visitors, will be verbally pre-screened upon arrival for symptoms of the virus.
Will you be able to use the Company’s recreational facilities?
- All Company recreational facilities, including gyms, swimming pools, and showers, will be closed.
As a reminder, you should take the same precautions as you would during cold and flu season such as:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water. https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
You can also view the pdf Corona Virus Communication March 13.pdf